The Compliance Manager provides oversight over global compliance and certification-related matters for Bullard products. This includes supervision over a compliance team that includes compliance specialists and lab technicians.
- Develops compliance programs by interpreting standards and regulations, outlining design guidelines for engineering, maintaining documentation, and preventing and/or resolving compliance issues.
- Serves as subject matter expert for agency standards, regulations, codes, and related requirements, determining the applicability of requirements as they relate to the company and products.
- Provides supervision over direct reports within the compliance group.
- Remains appraised of ongoing developments and modifications to standards that may affect the product line and communicates changes effectively to the company.
- Manages the process for maintaining compliance to global standards and regulations for commercially available products.
- Budgetary responsibilities for expenses related to compliance activities.
- Provides recommendations and assists in the development of product enhancements to comply with multiple standards for multiple countries.
- Primary liaison to domestic and international agencies as needed to achieve and maintain product compliance.
- Primary liaison to product management, risk management, engineering, quality and manufacturing teams for product certification and associated activities.
- Provides oversight over test equipment and related safety practices for the Bullard R&D Lab.
- Ensure that compliance-related documentation is properly archived and maintained.
- Identify and communicate compliance-related risks, support formal risk assessments, and drive related mitigation activities.
- Minimal travel requirements including travel to the Cynthiana Manufacturing facility (<10%).
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field.
- Master’s Degree in Engineer or related technical field (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of successful global product compliance standards testing, achieving product certification and recertification with regulatory agencies such as UL, ETL, CSA, NIOSH or INSPEC required
- Proven ability to develop and execute programs that achieve and maintain global product compliance in alignment with business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects, deliver communication and lead team to deliver results
- Demonstrate strategic thinking in regard to internal and external customers to drive strategy to deliver on outcomes
- Demonstrated expertise in communicating technical standards into clearly defined product requirements
- Proven Global Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) standards expertise related to respiratory, fire services, head and face protection, EU regulations and directives or technical rescue services is a plus
- Successful demonstration of team leadership capabilities in delivering global product laboratory testing results on new and existing products to maintain or be awarded global certification
- Technical expertise in leading a team through a “hands-on” approach to testing with proven team member development