Bullard, a leading provider of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), has an immediate opening for a Compliance Specialist. As a member of the Bullard Compliance Team, the Compliance Specialist will focus on technical documentation coordination, product compliance testing and certification. The position will work closely with internal cross-functional product development, quality and operations teams and external third-party test labs and regulatory agencies to ensure global PPE regulatory certifications are obtained as per the project schedule.
- Develop compliance plans by conducting research on applicable regulatory requirements and translating them into engineering design guidelines for product development
- Create timetables and cost estimates using equipment and test laboratory resources in order to label user instruction and marketing collateral
- Coordinate internal pre-compliance testing and prepare laboratory test reports as well as other detailed application and technical documentation for regulatory submissions.
- Initialize and coordinate global PPE certification activities with regulatory agencies and third-party test laboratories.
- Procure and prepare test samples for third-party lab testing and certification.
- Develop a working knowledge of the requirements for global regulatory certification for Bullard products including international PPE performance standards and regulatory agency requirements.
- Maintain compliance documentation repository including storage, tracking and maintenance of all test reports, certificates, compliance engineering data and submission documentation.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all requests, both internal and external, for public-facing compliance documentation.
- Route, process, and track purchase orders and invoices for compliance group.
- Perform a variety of standards-based product compliance tests for existing and new products, as needed.
- Work with internal and 3rd party test labs to develop new compliance test capabilities.
- Minimal domestic and international travel required (<10%)
- Occasional travel to Cynthiana Manufacturing facility
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum of 3 years of product compliance or compliance engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in testing product samples in a test laboratory environment and implementing impactful actions based on results
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to conduct analysis and prepare documentation and presentations
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Strong communication skills and experience communicating with internal and external customers to drive outcomes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and provide quality deliverables
- Demonstrated project management experience utilizing multiple project management tools to drive projects to completion
- Experience with global standards testing and successfully gaining approval from certification bodies (e.g. UL, CSA, Intertek, NEMKO, NFPA, NIOSH, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of regulatory tools/methodologies and effectively applying the knowledge to stay in compliance
- Experience reading, interpretating and writing technical documents and recommending decisions based on findings