Bullard Center, Lexington, KY
Bullard, a leading provider of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), has an immediate opening for a Compliance Specialist. As a member of the Bullard Compliance Engineering Team, the Compliance Specialist will focus on technical documentation coordination, product compliance testing and certification. The position will work closely with internal cross-functional product development teams and external third-party test labs and regulatory agencies to ensure global PPE regulatory certifications are obtained as per the project schedule.
- Initiate and manage global PPE certification projects with global regulatory agencies and third-party test laboratories.
- Translate regulatory requirements into guidance for product development, labeling, user instruction and marketing collaterals.
- Prepare lab test reports and other detailed application documentation for regulatory submissions.
- Procure and prepare test samples for third-party lab testing and certification.
- Develop a working knowledge of the requirements for global regulatory certification for Bullard products including international PPE performance standards and regulatory agency requirements.
- Implements policies and procedures meant to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
- Maintain compliance documentation repository including storage, tracking and maintenance of all test reports, certificates, compliance engineering data and submission documentation.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all requests, both internal and external, for public-facing compliance documentation.
- Routing, processing, and tracking of purchase orders and invoices for compliance group.
- Perform a variety of standards-based product compliance tests for existing and new products, as needed.
- Work with Engineering and Quality test labs to develop new compliance test capabilities.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) with 3+ years Compliance Technician or Compliance Specialist experience or a Bachelor’s/Associates degree in a technical field required.
- Project management experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated organizational skills
- Proficient in reading, interpretation and writing of technical documentation
- Ability to clearly communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced product development environment
- Minimal domestic and international travel required (<10%)