Director of Human Resources
Reporting directly to Bullard’s CEO, the Director of Human Resources will partner across the business to ensure that Bullard’s strategic Human Resources initiatives align directly with the Company’s vision to advance human safety to enable long, healthy, productive lives through innovative solutions. Bullard, a privately held manufacturer of high-quality personal protective equipment and systems, has been delivering products worldwide for over a century, always with their customer at the center of their efforts to ensure safety, comfort, durability, quality, and innovation.
Bullard is looking for an engaging, trustworthy, strategic leader who will pursue initiatives to continuously improve human resource strategies and policies in support of overall business goals and organizational engagement, aligning to both near- and long-term objectives, all while strengthening Bullard’s culture and enhancing what makes it a truly special place to work. The HR Director will cultivate a development culture for all employees, enable leaders to make smart decisions, and mitigate risks for employees and the business. The Director will do this through an unparalleled passion to meet customers’ needs today and tomorrow by harnessing the capabilities and unleashing potential of our biggest asset: our people. The Director will be an excellent communicator and demonstrated change agent, able to uncover, understand, and articulate the “why” behind decisions throughout the organization.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Human Resources will play a major role in the development and delivery of Bullard’s long-term strategic and annual operating plans and will ensure the organization has the capabilities and resources to execute the strategy and achieve growth targets. The Director will champion engagement, development, and talent strategies for the organization while also developing strong, meaningful partnerships to deliver value-added service and support to leaders and employees directly aligning to Bullard’s strategy, business, and employee enablement. The Director will support executive leaders through coaching, leveraging deep understanding of the entire business, strategic plans, and culture.
The Director of HR will:
- Be an impactful strategic Human Resources Business Leader with 10+ years of relevant HR leadership experience. The Director is charged with leading, developing, executing, and delivering all Human Resources strategies for the organization. This includes talent management and development, talent acquisition, skills and capability assessment, diversity and inclusion, organizational design, compensation, compliance, employee relations and domestic and international employment laws.
- Lead, coach, and develop the entire Human Resources team to deliver and enable Bullard’s strategic initiatives and business goals. Led by the Director, the HR team will be responsible for business partnership across the organization, HR compliance, HR Information System, implementing and administering employee benefits, compensation reviews, employee engagement surveys, disciplinary matters and investigations, performance and talent management, hiring and separations, internal communications, employee development training enablement, employee recognition programs, and culture.
- Partner with global leaders across the organization to identify and address capability needs to deliver our near- and long-term strategy (including succession planning) and engage in all aspects of the talent lifecycle (attraction, onboarding, training and continuous education, motivation, retention, separation, and offboarding). The HR Director will also partner with the CEO and Board of Directors’ Talent Committee to refine and deliver Bullard’s Talent and Compensation Philosophies.
- Engage, partner with, and support the Senior Management Team, including the CEO and her senior-most leaders of the Company. The HR Director will be the catalyst for aligning talent strategies across and through the organization for consistency and equity while ensuring measurable outcomes and business goals and deliverables are met.
- Be a visible, approachable, and sought-after advisor and counselor, known for transparency and honesty. Live the Bullard Expectations and demonstrate passion for Bullard’s employees, customers, and vision. Develop trust and nurture partnerships through collaboration and learning from both successes and failures. The HR Director will be decisive yet inclusive and willing to challenge and defend positions in a respectful way with Bullard’s best interest always at the forefront.
- Be an exceptional people leader with demonstrated ability to motivate, empower, and develop individuals and teams to deliver growth by setting clearly defined processes, targets, and goals. The HR Director will mentor and coach direct reports and leaders across the organization to develop skills and capabilities to ensure their success, growth, and personal development. Foster an environment of accountability, success, and achievement. Lead by example to inspire maximum team performance. Be flexible and ready to course correct when needed.
- Be analytically savvy and leverage data-based decision-making to assure Bullard’s talent efforts vigorously support and maximally contribute to achieving and surpassing the company's cultural and financial goals.
- Demonstrate a range of skills from high-level strategic thinking and problem solving to creative and detailed hands-on execution and have proven success developing talent strategies, managing complex and conflicting priorities, and driving efforts through to completion.
- Ensure compliance with applicable global employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements. Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management. Participate in professional groups to develop and network. Partner with key service providers to deliver HR compliance.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field and 10 years of relevant Human Resources leadership experience or a High School Diploma/GED and 20 years of progressive Human Resources leadership experience
- Be based at Bullard Center in Lexington, KY, with expectations of regular presence in Cynthiana, KY, and periodic presence in other global Bullard locations
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed is also required.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer