Reporting directly to Bullard’s CEO, the Director of Marketing will be a brand visionary ensuring that Bullard’s strategic marketing initiatives align directly with the company’s vision to advance human safety to enable long, healthy, productive lives through innovative solutions. Bullard, a privately held manufacturer of high-quality personal protective equipment and systems, has been delivering products worldwide for over a century, always with their customer at the center of their efforts to ensure safety, comfort, durability, quality, and innovation.
Bullard is looking for an inspiring and creative, customer-focused leader, who will leverage progressive marketing capabilities across all channels, both domestically and globally, to drive continued growth by delivering on the strategy, enhancing brand awareness and loyalty, and continuously focusing on product innovation. They will do this through their unparalleled passion to deliver creative and innovative solutions to meet their customers’ needs today and tomorrow.
As a member of the Commercial Leadership Team, the Director of Marketing will play a major role in the development and delivery of Bullard’s long-term strategic and annual operating plans. By leveraging existing assets including engineering, technology, and manufacturing capabilities as well as future investments, they will lead a global Marketing team to enhance Bullard’s brand position around the world while unlocking new product markets that have the greatest opportunity for growth. Growth strategies will be fueled by a strong understanding of current and future market and industry-specific trends focused on new customer acquisitions, existing customer retention, delivering new products to market, and enhancing marketing capabilities to enable Bullard’s high performing sales team.
The Director of Marketing will:
- Be a strong strategic global brand and product marketing executive with 10+ years of relevant experience gained in a well-respected industrial or consumer enterprise selling engineered products. Experienced working with a broad product portfolio that includes value-based offerings of high-end, technically differentiated products.
- Lead the entire global Marketing Team including Product Management (with ownership of the product life cycle, go-to-market strategy, and responsibility for product line contribution margin) and Marketing Communications (including product launches messaging, campaigns, lead generation, digital engagement, and social media). The Director of Marketing will also work very closely with Sales, Product Development, Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Bullard’s distribution network, and product end users around the world.
- Assure Bullard’s marketing efforts vigorously support and maximally contribute to achieving and surpassing the company's commercial and other financial goals.
- Demonstrate a range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed hands-on execution and have proven success developing marketing strategies, managing complex and multi-faceted programs, and driving efforts through to completion.
- Be analytically savvy and will apply rigor across the Marketing function, setting, and tracking key growth metrics. They will see how Marketing fits into the big picture and guide their team and the executive team on overall business planning.
- Balance a practical mindset with creative business acumen while leading people through complex marketing operations to deliver innovative, creative solutions.
- Build confidence, loyalty, and synergies with key end users, product development and operations partners, distribution and sales channel partners, and global sales team.
- Possess extensive experience working within highly customer-focused organizations and understand how the brand is a key business growth driver for Bullard.
- Develop trust and nurture partnerships through collaboration, risk taking and learning from both successes and failures. Will be decisive yet inclusive and willing to challenge and defend positions in a respectful way with Bullard’s best interest always at the forefront.
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker, passionate about Bullard’s customers and mission.
- Be an exceptional people leader with demonstrated ability to motivate and empower teams to deliver growth by setting clearly defined processes, targets, and goals. Foster an environment of accountability, success, and achievement. Lead by example to inspire maximum team performance. Will be flexible and ready to course correct when needed.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- Position based at Bullard Center in Lexington, KY.
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed is also required.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.