Founded in 1898, Bullard is a leading manufacturer of high-quality personal protective equipment and systems that are marketed worldwide. Product lines include hard hats, firefighter and rescue helmets, respiratory protection equipment, and thermal imagers. The Company’s products are available throughout the world from a network of distributors operating in most major country markets. In 1919, the son of our founder invented and patented the world’s first commercially sold hard hat. The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work, and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is fifth-generation family-owned, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter’s results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding. Bullard maintains sales offices in Europe and Asia-Pacific in addition to its headquarters in Kentucky. Bullard’s headquarters and manufacturing facility are located in the small community of Cynthiana, near Lexington and Georgetown, Kentucky. We offer a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits including 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues.
The Events & Social Media Specialist is responsible for developing and executing trade shows/events and social media strategy for Bullard. This position supports the Company’s marketing strategy of targeting customers to raise awareness of our products within the marketplace. Events activity will include global trade shows, special events at industry trade shows, and distributor events. The position is also responsible for executing Bullard’s social media strategy across Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Trade Shows and Events
- Manage the planning, production, and execution of trade shows, meetings and events, including budget management and strategy.
- Develop, execute, and manage trade shows and event expense budgets.
- Work with Marketing team to research prospective future trade shows.
- Manage products and trade show event inventory and pack show crates.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to create messaging, collateral, and presentations for events.
- Work with vendors to arrange freight for delivery and pick up to and from show sites.
Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Serve as Company’s social media strategist and voice—creatively and effectively connecting with our diverse customers around the world to generate leads and grow sales.
- Identify, create, and leverage content for social media across relevant platforms, taking advantage of the most current trends and tools.
- Drive social media and digital marketing activities surrounding event promotion for lead generation.
- Create social media campaigns to support and promote trade show events.
- Generate monthly reports for all social media platforms with recommendations to drive better engagement with the target audience.
- Collaborate with Marketing team on the development and execution of promotional and lead generation activity.
- Work with the Marketing team to create digital marketing opportunities to promote trade show presence.
- Maintain customer database to drive direct marketing opportunities.
- Drive specific digital marketing activity surrounding trade show promotion for lead generation.
- Other duties as required.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, or related discipline and minimum 2 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills using a variety of formats and media, adjusting style as needed for the audience.
- Demonstrated social media savvy across multiple platforms.
- Expertise across all social media channels and proven experience managing social media strategy.
- Demonstrated success creating and measuring email marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of digital marketing with an emphasis on social media, email communications, and the web.
- Demonstrated success in event planning and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; social, web, and e-marketing analysis tools; and Customer Relationship Management programs.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, managing multiple deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed (limited, related to trade shows and events).
Bullard is proud to be a Tobacco-free property.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.