Bullard is a leading manufacturer of occupational health and safety equipment as well as thermal imaging devices. At Bullard, we are committed to excellence in the eyes of our customers, and we are proud that our products are widely known among users to be the “best in class.” The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is privately held, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter's results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding.
Bullard's headquarters is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky. In addition, Bullard has Sales, Manufacturing, and Product Development offices across the globe, including locations in Switzerland, Germany, and Singapore. Bullard’s primary manufacturing facility is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky, about 50 miles south of the Greater Cincinnati area and 30 miles north of the Greater Lexington area. Bullard offers a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits; including 401(k) with Company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues. For more insight on Bullard, visit our website at www.bullard.com.
Reporting to the CFO, the Global Risk Manager is responsible for leading Bullard’s litigation and claims management, insurance placement, contract review, loss prevention, and enterprise risk management processes worldwide.
- Minimum 10 years of risk management experience (in a manufacturing environment preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP), or Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation preferred
- Well-organized, self-motivated, hands-on contributor able to work independently
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and experience utilizing data to support strategic decision-making
- Strong consultative/collaborative skills and the ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships with both internal and external parties
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Successful experience in litigation management and management of key relationships including attorneys, underwriters, adjusters, and insurance brokers
- Ability to support risk identification and appetite to drive the risk function within the organization
- Experience in successfully developing, implementing, and leading global Risk Management programs
- Experience in fleet management oversight helpful (DOT and non-DOT regulated)
- Experience with document control/process management a plus
- Actively manage litigation claims
- Assume the lead role in the claims process by researching/appointing defense counsel and directing litigation strategy (including directing activities of local/national product liability counsel)
- Collaborate and coordinate with insurance carriers in a manner that minimizes disputes about defense strategy, coverage issues, and defense cost allocation
- Select and manage insurance brokers and other related third-party vendors
- Manage the Company’s global insurance program, including continual assessment of program structure, ensuring optimal protection for the Company and appropriate coverage levels
- Negotiate the placement/renewal of the appropriate lines of coverage through effective marketing of the Company’s unique risk profile ensuring the most favorable terms and conditions are secured
- Oversee resolution of insurance claims
- Perform internal reviews of contracts in partnership with other functions including distributor and supplier agreements ensuring optimal risk transfer and mitigation for Bullard
- Proactively partner with other functional managers to identify, analyze, and mitigate risks within their respective areas regarding products, processes, and facilities
- Work closely with the Product Development, Quality, and Marketing Departments to address potential product liability issues, including product design, warning messages, instructions, and marketing materials
- Other duties as required
Bullard is proud to be a Tobacco-free property.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.