Founded in 1898, Bullard is a leading manufacturer of high-quality personal protective equipment and systems that are marketed worldwide. Product lines include hard hats, firefighter and rescue helmets, respiratory protection equipment, and thermal imagers. In 1919, the son of our founder invented and patented the world’s first commercially sold hard hat. The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work, and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is privately held, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter’s results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding. Bullard’s headquarters/manufacturing facility is Cynthiana, Kentucky - a small community near Lexington and Georgetown, Kentucky. We offer a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits including tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with up to 5% match, and great colleagues.
Bullard believes our employees are our greatest strength. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager will be committed to attracting, recruiting, and retaining top talent by providing an exceptional work environment. The ideal candidate will be skilled in managing employee relations, recognition, benefits, training, and performance management in a manner that retains employees long-term and builds our employer brand.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all employment practices comply with federal, state, local, and other applicable regulations.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote positive employee morale and motivation.
- Manages talent acquisition process, including sourcing, testing, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding.
- Keeps job descriptions up-to-date, accurate, and compliant.
- Oversees annual competency assessments/performance review process.
- Handles investigation and resolution of employee issues, concerns, and conflicts
- Coaches and trains managers in their interactions with employees.
- Manages employee communication and feedback through company meetings, employee surveys, one-on-one meetings, and company newsletter.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists with planning of various employee recognition and company-wide events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field; Master’s degree a plus.
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years’ experience in HR role dealing with complex HR challenges, preferably in a non-union, manufacturing environment.
- Human Resources certification (SPHR or SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to exercise exceptional judgment and discretion.
- Ability to build relationships, establish credibility and influence all levels of the organization as well as external partners and vendors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and HRIS (Paycor experience a plus).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently.
Bullard is proud to be a Tobacco-free property.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.