Founded in 1898, Bullard is a leading manufacturer of high-quality personal protective equipment and systems that are marketed worldwide. Product lines include hard hats, firefighter and rescue helmets, respiratory protection equipment, and thermal imagers. The Company’s products are available throughout the world from a network of distributors operating in most major country markets. In 1919, the son of our founder invented and patented the world’s first commercially sold hard hat. The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work, and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is fifth-generation family-owned, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter’s results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding. Bullard maintains sales offices in Europe and Asia-Pacific in addition to its headquarters in Kentucky. Bullard’s headquarters and manufacturing facility are located in the small community of Cynthiana, near Lexington and Georgetown, Kentucky. We offer a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits including 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues.
The IT Manager will have a solid technical background and will be a positive and professional support to the company. The position will report to the Director of Technical Services. In this hands-on role, the qualified candidate will:
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals, and office equipment.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for improvement and growth of the IT security, infrastructure and systems.
- Utilize technology to provide employees with a fast, accurate and secure method of gaining access to information so we can service clients in the fastest and most efficient manner possible.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops, strengthens and leads IT team members; provides training, guidance and support for individual and professional growth of the team.
- Manages the overall support of the IT technical environment, including operating systems for the local area network, workstations and laptops; application software; communications hardware and software; cabling infrastructure, databases, etc.
- Oversees provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Works closely with Senior Management to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Manages financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Negotiates and administers vendors, outsourced and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Performs and/or assists with user training to increase productivity and effective utilization of technology.
- Directs the development and maintenance of Epicor ERP systems.
- Recommends computer equipment, software, materials and contractors to achieve strategic initiatives.
- Manages company approved mobile devices including purchasing, maintenance, support and vendor management.
- Practices asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Develops and implements all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standard, purchasing, and service provisions.
- Keeps current with the latest technologies.
- Communicates cross-functionally at all levels within the company, including with executive management.
- Provides daily decision making on critical project issues and ensures all appropriate individuals are included or informed.
- Attends and participates in management meetings and company strategic planning teams.
- Administers licensing program to ensure proper licensing for all software company wide.
- Supports / implements all aspects of IT in offices world-wide.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, and/or equivalent work experience required.
- Ten years of related work experience in technology management and technical support experience in all phases of computer operations.
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
- Excellent work ethic with flexible “can-do” attitude.
- Results-driven commitment to success – capable of developing new initiatives from concept through implementation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical consultants and non-technical staff members.
- Knowledge of current aspects of technology management and support.
- Skills to install computer equipment and various software programs.
- Strong knowledge of IT terminology and concepts.
- Ability to respond to common IT related inquiries or complaints from staff, clients and regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret software and equipment manuals, technical reports, professional journals, and industry/trade publications.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Cloud based systems, Microsoft Office Suites, SQL database, and LAN technologies.
Bullard is proud to be a Tobacco-free property.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.