Bullard is a leading manufacturer of occupational health and safety equipment as well as thermal imaging devices. At Bullard, we are committed to excellence in the eyes of our customers, and we are proud that our products are widely known among users to be the “best in class.” The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is privately held, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter's results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding.
Bullard's headquarters is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky. In addition, Bullard has Sales, Manufacturing, and Product Development offices across the globe, including locations in Switzerland, Germany, and Singapore. Bullard’s primary manufacturing facility is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky, about 50 miles south of the Greater Cincinnati area and 30 miles north of the Greater Lexington area. Bullard offers a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits; including 401(k) with Company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues. For more insight on Bullard, visit our website at www.bullard.com.
Job title: Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Bullard Quality Manager
• Coordinate laboratory testing and equipment and related activities
• Monitor the laboratory test equipment, including documented weekly operating checks of all test equipment and control charting for impact load cell shock pad checks.
• Maintain the calibration system for required tools, gauges, and test equipment.
• Perform calibrations on time.
• Add new measurement devises to the system as required.
• Monitor and report the monthly performance of on time calibrations.
• Perform product evaluations in a timely manner. The cycle time of product evaluations are monitored and reported.
• Maintain required reports, test data, controlled documents, product and test standards and procedures.
• Ensure all official lab copies of standards are maintained to the latest revision.
• Assist in implementing and conducting employee training.
• Assist in developing a certification program for operators that perform testing.
• Maintain the lab in a clean and orderly manner while keeping testing components and materials in stock.
• Assist and coordinate acquisition of required stock for testing.
• Assist in creation of DFMEAs, PFMEAs, and Control Plans.
• Ability to assist and/or design fixtures to be used for compliance testing.
• Other duties as required.
• 1 – 3 years of experience working in a testing, laboratory, or diagnostic capacity.
• Intimate knowledge of the use and application of the ISO 9001 Quality System.
• Intimate knowledge of
o Advanced product quality planning.
o Production part approval process.
o Process Capability Index (Cpk) Histogram Generation.
o Risk priority number reduction.
o Corrective action requests.
o 8 Step problem resolution process (8D).
• 1 - 3 years of hands on calibration experience.
• Very Strong PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint Required)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Very well organized and detail oriented.
• Previous coordinator or leader experience a plus.
NOTE: Internal candidates may be afforded the opportunity to be trained and acquire the above required qualifications.
• Work is performed primarily in a Laboratory and Office setting.
• Applicant must be willing to work extended and/or flexible hours when necessary.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job. Incumbents may be required to perform other duties as assigned or as required by the needs of the business.
Bullard retains the discretion to change or add to the duties of the position at any time.