Founded in 1898, Bullard is a leading manufacturer of high-quality personal protective equipment and systems that are marketed worldwide. Product lines include hard hats, firefighter and rescue helmets, respiratory protection equipment, and thermal imagers. The Company’s products are available throughout the world from a network of distributors operating in most major country markets. In 1919, the son of our founder invented and patented the world’s first commercially sold hard hat. The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work, and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is fifth-generation family-owned, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter’s results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding. Bullard maintains sales offices in Europe and Asia-Pacific in addition to its headquarters in Kentucky. Bullard’s headquarters and manufacturing facility are located in the small community of Cynthiana, near Lexington and Georgetown, Kentucky. We offer a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits including 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues.
Reporting to the Director of Operations – Americas, Bullard’s Lean Engineer is responsible for coordinating all Lean Enterprise systems. Individual will lead, teach and implement lean principles throughout the organization utilizing continuous improvement tools - value stream maps, problem solving, kaizen events, visual management, etc.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop Value Stream Maps supporting the overall business strategies.
- Lead, teach and implement Lean principles throughout the organization.
- Utilize Lean principles for continuous improvements throughout the organization.
- Lead Kaizen activities, lean simulations and training.
- Create “respect for people” work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Business and/or other relevant degree.
- Lean certification through an accredited organization. Six Sigma, green or black belt a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing and Lean work environment.
- Strong leadership experience with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Individual must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, self-motivated, passionate and work respectfully with others.
Bullard is proud to be a Tobacco-free property.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.