Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Reports to: Operations Engineering Manager
Bullard is a leading manufacturer of occupational health and safety equipment as well as thermal imaging devices. At Bullard, we are committed to excellence in the eyes of our customers, and we are proud that our products are widely known among users to be the “best in class.” The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is privately held, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter's results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding.
Bullard's headquarters is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky. In addition, Bullard has Sales, Manufacturing, and Product Development offices across the globe, including locations in Switzerland, Germany, and Singapore. Bullard’s primary manufacturing facility is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky, about 50 miles south of the Greater Cincinnati area and 30 miles north of the Greater Lexington area. Bullard offers a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits; including 401(k) with Company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues. For more insight on Bullard, visit our website at www.bullard.com.
The Manufacturing Engineer will optimize the processes of making industrial health and safety equipment and systems by evaluating, planning, designing, and modifying the manufacturing processes.
- Support Production in reducing / eliminating equipment and tooling downtime or scrap, utilizing good analytical methodologies.
- Create and maintain Process Flow, PFMEA, and Operation and Maintenance documentation.
- Lead and serve on cross-functional product and process development teams
- Meet or exceed labor content and product cost standards utilizing good assembly methodologies, safety, and ergonomics.
- Prepare routings, visual work instructions, manufacturing plans, value stream maps
- Provide support and training to Production Associates as necessary
- Support and maintain error-proofing methodologies
- Support facility and production cell enhancements
- Support and develop department or maintenance projects / activities with good engineering direction. Take part or facilitate the team Lean strategies and methodologies and / or Six Sigma activities.
- Facilitate continuous improvement for all processes.
- Support, cost estimate and document all engineering changes.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, or processes and systems.
- Document all activities as required.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
- Other duties as required.
- Dealing with complexity
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels of leadership
- Ability to lead projects and present technical information
- Knowledge of procedures, manufacturing, quality, product development
- Knowledge of computer or PLC based machine control systems is desirable
- CAD experience (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) is desirable
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma theory and practices is desirable
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 2-4 years related experience in manufacturing or assembly processes Working knowledge of manufacturing / mechanical processes and equipment Experience designing, operating, troubleshooting, or maintaining complex production machinery is desirable
- Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
- Good mechanical / technical skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent leadership & teamwork abilities, and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills