The Manufacturing Engineer will optimize the processes of making industrial health and safety equipment and systems by evaluating, planning, designing, and modifying the manufacturing processes.
- Support Production in reducing / eliminating equipment and tooling downtime or scrap, utilizing good analytical methodologies.
- Create and maintain Process Flow, PFMEA, and Operation and Maintenance documentation.
- Lead and serve on cross-functional product and process development teams
- Meet or exceed labor content and product cost standards utilizing good assembly methodologies, safety, and ergonomics.
- Prepare routings, visual work instructions, manufacturing plans, value stream maps
- Provide support and training to Production Associates as necessary
- Support and maintain error-proofing methodologies
- Support facility and production cell enhancements
- Support and develop department or maintenance projects / activities with good engineering direction. Take part or facilitate the team Lean strategies and methodologies and / or Six Sigma activities.
- Facilitate continuous improvement for all processes.
- Support, cost estimate and document all engineering changes.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, or processes and systems.
- Document all activities as required.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
- Other duties as required.
- Dealing with complexity
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels of leadership
- Ability to lead projects and present technical information
- Knowledge of procedures, manufacturing, quality, product development
- Knowledge of computer or PLC based machine control systems is desirable
- CAD experience (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) is desirable
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma theory and practices is desirable
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 2-4 years related experience in manufacturing or assembly processes Working knowledge of manufacturing / mechanical processes and equipment Experience designing, operating, troubleshooting, or maintaining complex production machinery is desirable
- Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
- Good mechanical / technical skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent leadership & teamwork abilities, and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills