The National Sales Manager (NSM) responsibilities include setting the direction and leading a team of Regional Sales Managers (RSM’s) to achieve the budgeted sales and profitability goals. The NSM manages the allocation and maximization of accounts per sales representative, manages team performance through KPIs, and is a consummate motivator, leader, and trainer who communicates with respect to grow the skills and abilities of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proven ability to deliver on the company’s annual IH&S sales plan
- Ensure sales excellence by managing KPIs and developing the skill sets of the sales team
- Constant recruitment of sales talent
- Demonstrated ability to leverage relationships with the senior management teams within Bullard’s partnered distribution community.
- Create and implement “own the customer” sales activities with your team
- Coach your sales team on how to conduct a best in class customer presentation meeting. Define the process for pre-work and post-work activities
- Hold your sales team accountable to the Bullard sales process
- Institute effective and thorough on-boarding program for new sales team members
- Continuous training to foster professional development of current sales team members
- Visit key accounts to prospect, service, sell and/or support sales team’s activities
- Develop and manage key-account programs to foster maximum growth and “stickiness” to our company and equipment
- Create and implement a Performance Review process with our top distributor and end-user customers
- Assist reps with pricing strategies by analyzing the customer, the competitive environment, products and profit margin data to develop solutions to win business and maximize profit
- Resolve customer service issues while balancing business needs with customer expectations
- Collect data and prepare sales and performance reports using the CRM, ERP, and Office programs
- Provide continual performance feedback to your sales team members in routine annual performance reviews, one-on-one meetings, and ad hoc meetings
- Strong execution through daily contact with customers, sales representatives, marketing, forecasting, customer service, finance, operations along with management.
- Demonstrate a mastery of time and management skills, have a thorough understanding in the use of Salesforce and proficient at the creation and execution of strategic account plans.
- Collaborate with customer and company’s marketing teams to develop and execute promotional strategies to drive sales while maintaining margin thresholds.
- Establish strategic account plans to create tactics which will ensure growth of key markets and customers
- Recommend an annual expense plan and operates within an approved expense budget.
- Handle high impact and complex projects as requested by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A 4-year degree in business, marketing or similar area.
- Experience in national end-user and national distribution sales with industrial, health and safety markets.
- Significant experience analyzing multiple data points to make solid recommendations to improve business results.
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to MS Office Suite and Salesforce
- Must have a demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate and create win-win solutions.
- History of building and maintaining positive working relationships.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills, including but not limited to public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to react quickly to solve problems along with the ability to learn from mistakes or missteps.
- Ability to work within a company culture that promotes diversity, inclusion and truly appreciates its employees, customers and vendors.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 50% - 70% travel time.
- Strategic Planning
- Drive for results
- Strong embrace & use of all sales and marketing tools
- Influence and leadership
- Negotiation skills
- Business Perspective
- Leading change