The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. You will develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality, productivity and new product introduction. In this role, you will manage all functional areas of the facility such as operations, manufacturing engineering, quality, materials planning and procurement and work in alignment with Human Resource, Finance and New Product Development Engineering.
- Plan and direct production activities, including, order processing, supply chain management, quality assurance, and engineering activities of the organization to ensure priorities for products in keeping with effective operations, production output, product & customer service quality, on-time performance and lead-times
- Maintain and maximize the utilization of the corporate assets of plant building and grounds, machine tools, process equipment, computer systems and material inventories.
- Ensure optimal level company performance and administer employee workforce and lead all continuous improvement activities and maintain process control
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Enhance and promote lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, OpA, Pull and continuous improvement projects for the facility.
- Support and champion the development of plant human resources in compliance with Bullard employee expectations and aspirational goals to maximize value while assuring compliance to all national and corporate regulations.
- Builds organizational capabilities to support a high-performance culture through mentoring and developing new talent.
- Develop and communicate initiatives to measure and improve key business drivers (i.e., customer satisfaction, growth, profitability and asset management, quality, excellence through people).
- Strong commitment to plant safety procedures
- Develop and implement plans to enhance the quality of work life and culture within the plant by assuring that open channels of communication exist with employees; participative employee teams are cultivated and trained; and clean, safe working conditions are maintained
Plant Manager Qualifications
- BS degree in Business Management, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a manufacturing organization
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a manager of people
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification.
- Prior work experience in different functions
- A thorough understanding of financial practices and financial statements is required, including capital equipment analysis, cost accounting, budgeting, project cost analysis, maintenance analysis, and organizational techniques.
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- A demonstrated ability to drive change and successfully lead and implement the change activities
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships with all levels of employees.