Bullard is a leading manufacturer of occupational health and safety equipment as well as thermal imaging devices. At Bullard, we are committed to excellence in the eyes of our customers, and we are proud that our products are widely known among users to be the “best in class.” The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is privately held, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter's results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding.
Bullard's headquarters is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky. In addition, Bullard has Sales, Manufacturing, and Product Development offices across the globe, including locations in Switzerland, Germany, and Singapore. Bullard’s primary manufacturing facility is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky, about 50 miles south of the Greater Cincinnati area and 30 miles north of the Greater Lexington area. Bullard offers a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits; including 401(k) with Company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues. For more insight on Bullard, visit our website at www.bullard.com.
Job Title: Plastic Process Technician Level 1-4
Reports to: Molding Process Engineering Supervisor
E.D. Bullard Company manufactures thermal imaging devices, hard hats, firefighter and rescue helmets, supplied air respirators, powered air-purifying respirators and air quality equipment. Headquarters and manufacturing are located in Cynthiana, Kentucky and Global offices located in Lexington, Kentucky. We are seeking highly motivated, positive, self-driven individuals for multiple positions within our organization. Bullard offers a highly competitive total compensation package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurances, 401(k) Savings Plan with up to 5% company matching, paid Vacation and Holidays, and Profit Sharing. Find more information about Bullard, career opportunities and how to apply visit www.bullard.com/careers
Bullard | 1898 Safety Way | Cynthiana, KY 41031
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bullard is proud to be a tobacco-free property.
Bullard prefers candidates with National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC).
The Plastic Process Technician’s mission is to properly set-up, start-up and optimize plastic injection molds on the production floor, using established procedures and standards to ensure no damage to the mold occurs and a quality part is produced. The Process Technician works under the supervision of the Molding Process Engineering Supervisor.
· Utilize necessary computer applications (BearTracker, BRAIN, Outlook, etc.)
· Ensure the molding process is in tolerance for production conforms to quality standards.
· Develop, recommend, and implement processes to improve scrap efficiencies.
· Troubleshoot problems in plastics processing.
· Understand the difference between mold, processing, or press issues and communicate them.
· Analyze plastic processing methods and determine process for attaining optimum production.
· Assist with identifying mold problems and communicate to the mold repair technician.
· Provide molded components in a timely manner to ensure business needs and schedules are met.
· Set up and operate molding and secondary equipment and related machinery (presses, granulators, conveyers, chiller, mold temperature controller, etc.)
· Monitor and audit molding and secondary equipment for correct parameters.
· Properly maintain all process sheets and set up procedures.
· Assist engineers with sampling of new molds, tools, and materials.
· Operate hoists, cranes and forklifts.
· Identify parts and materials.
· Prepare proper material to be ran in each mold.
· Clean and change material in dryers.
· All 5S methods, clean work area, machinery, etc.
· Answer alarms.
· Perform color changes and mold change overs, timely
· Conduct required audits
· Grind Scrap
· Other duties as required.
· 2 years manufacturing experience or applicable educational background
· Prompt and reliable attendance history
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete tasks on schedule
· Organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Willingness to continually learn and improve skills and knowledge, through in-house courses, company-sponsored external training, or college or technical school job-related coursework outside of work to obtain required level status
· Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
· Excellent communication skills
· Basic computer literacy
· Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to learn and comprehend complicated machine controllers
· Must be proactive and show initiative in taking on and completing projects.
· Prior experience with mechanical, hydraulics, and electrical systems
· Prior experience with automation and advanced robotics
· Demonstrated ability at troubleshooting and problem solving at a high level using effective and proven problem-solving techniques and methods
· High school diploma or GED equivalent
· PIV Certification or ability to obtain
· LOTO, LEAN Manufacturing, TPM, PLC, Robotics and 5S
· Education in injection molding principals or 3 to 5 years work related experience
· Education or training in industrial manufacturing
· Education or training in plastic process technology