Founded in 1898, Bullard is a leading manufacturer of high-quality personal protective equipment and systems that are marketed worldwide. Product lines include hard hats, firefighter and rescue helmets, respiratory protection equipment, and thermal imagers. The Company’s products are available throughout the world from a network of distributors operating in most major country markets. In 1919, the son of our founder invented and patented the world’s first commercially sold hard hat. The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is a fifth-generation family-owned, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter’s results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding. Bullard maintains sales offices in Europe and Asia-Pacific in addition to its headquarters in Kentucky. Bullard’s headquarters and manufacturing facility are both located in the small community of Cynthiana, near Lexington and Georgetown, Kentucky—just 60 miles south of Cincinnati, Ohio. We offer a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits including 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, the Project Manager will lead critical growth projects in Product Development using a lean Six Sigma process while also providing technical support to the project teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or related field; Advanced degree preferred.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in Product/Program Management; or a combination of Program Management with additional Engineering and/or Product Development Management.
- Highly experienced in new product development programs and processes.
- Proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools (i.e.; Lean Manufacturing, Design for Six Sigma methodology, and/or overall knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to senior management.
- Experienced in developing, implementing, and improving project and portfolio reports and tracking metrics.
- Experience in Risk Management is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen desired.
- Proven experience in project start-ups, project planning, execution and tracking, Product Development Process, Project Reviews, etc.
- Proven leadership skills with capability to lead change in an Integrated Team environment across multiple sites and with customers globally.
- Application of state of the art project and portfolio management practices and tools.
- Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
- Leads project execution, communicates project requirements and next step expectations to the project engineer and support teams.
- Ensures adequate support to the cross functional project teams by coordinating project management reviews and preparing/publishing project management metrics and reports.
- Establishes and maintains metrics for projects including value, quality, technical performance, and delivery through all program stage gate phases.
- Plans, controls, and manages all projects and project steps, ensuring that project time lines and defined outcomes are successfully achieved.
- Ensures effective change management throughout the development process.
- Provides periodic project portfolio updates including milestones and identification of problem/high risk areas (i.e., technical, cost, and schedule).
- Plays a key role in developing new business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
- Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback on performance needs and accomplishments.
- Communicates effectively and works closely with all levels of the organization, especially senior leadership, to understand business priorities, processes, project progress, and time/cost constraints.
- Captures and communicates Lessons Learned from current/past projects.
- Proactively addresses process improvements in response to business and market changes.
- Analyzes key performance management metrics and performs regular, periodic reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close any gaps.
- Other duties as required.
Bullard is proud to be a Tobacco-free property.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.