Founded in 1898, Bullard is a leading manufacturer of high-quality personal protective equipment and systems that are marketed worldwide. Product lines include hard hats, firefighter and rescue helmets, respiratory protection equipment, and thermal imagers. In 1919, the son of our founder invented and patented the world’s first commercially sold hard hat. The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work, and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is privately held, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter’s results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding. Bullard’s headquarters and manufacturing facility are located in a small community near Lexington and Georgetown, Kentucky. We offer a competitive salary plus bonus, benefits including tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with match, and great colleagues.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Liberal Arts, or Engineering, and/or equivalent work experience required. Master of Business Administration strongly preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing quantitative as well as qualitative research and analysis using common business application software tools (MS Office with particular strength in Microsoft Excel).
- Self-starter with a passion for enthusiastically advocating for the customers' needs, the products, and the Company.
- Mechanically inclined with ability to occasionally lift equipment or carry products weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Understanding of financial terms, concepts, and analytic techniques.
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed (on average, a few days a month).
- Serve as Company's product and market expert for Respiratory Protection products and accessories within the Abrasive Blast and Coatings markets (shipyards, fabrication, surface preparation, painting, oil and gas, welding, etc.).
- Formulate and execute thorough marketing plans and strategies for Respiratory Protection-Blast and Coatings products to reach customers worldwide.
- Lead Company's product strategy for Respiratory Protection products in the Blast and Coatings market.
- Lead and serve on cross-functional product development project teams, bringing the customers' perspectives into the development process.
- Identify areas of customer need and conduct necessary front-end work to conceptualize solutions. Use this information to clearly articulate requirements and build sound business cases to respond to customer needs.
- Develop and regularly review annual marketing plans with market assessments and competitive analysis, unit and revenue projections, pricing strategies, product roadmaps, and relevant expenses.
- Analyze sales trends and develop monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts of product demand.
- Manage product life cycles from ideation to development to continuous sustaining improvements and obsolescence/end of life.
- Become familiar with design and function of Respiratory Protection products and allied products and represent Company on various standards setting bodies and customer groups.
- Study and thoroughly understand all regulatory standards and requirements associated with the Respiratory Protection product line and clearly and confidently communicate these requirements to all stakeholders.
- Participate in relevant trade show events in the various markets into which the product line is sold.
- Prepare and deliver training on product line to Bullard Customer Service and field sales personnel, distributor sales representatives, and end-user customers.
- Direct the creation of all necessary promotional and collateral materials that support the sale, use, and maintenance of the product line (i.e. brochures, user instructions, technical bulletins, webpages, and labels). Work with Marketing, Sales, Product Development, and Quality to develop these materials.
- Other duties as required.
Bullard is proud to be a Tobacco-free property.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.