Founded in 1898, Bullard is a fifth-generation, family-owned, leading manufacturer of personal protective equipment whose vision is to advance human safety to enable long, healthy, productive lives through innovative solutions. Located in Kentucky’s beautiful “Bluegrass” region, we design, manufacture, and market innovative, high-quality personal protective equipment and systems such as fire helmets, thermal imaging cameras, hard hats, and respiratory protection. Bullard offers a competitive salary plus bonus, benefits including tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with match, and great colleagues. For more insight on Bullard, visit our website at www.bullard.com.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services and Global Operations, the Project Manager for Global Operations is responsible for leading projects to enable the business to scale to meet the requirements of the strategic growth plan worldwide.
• Proven leadership skills with capability to lead change in an Integrated Team environment across multiple sites and with customers globally.
• 3+ years of experience in managing multifaceted projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or related field.
• Highly experienced in sourcing and global supply chain programs and manufacturing processes.
• Proficient in program and project management methodologies, processes and related tools
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to senior management.
• Experienced in developing, implementing, and improving project and portfolio reports and tracking metrics.
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen desired.
• Proven experience in project start-ups, project planning, execution and tracking.
• Leads operations & sourcing projects from concept through start of production.
• Communicates project requirements and next step expectations to the project stakeholders and support teams.
• Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the project teams in areas of stakeholder concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
• Ensures adequate support to the cross functional project teams by coordinating project management reviews and preparing/publishing project management metrics and reports.
• Establishes and maintains metrics for projects including cost, value, quality, technical performance, and delivery through all program stage gate phases.
• Plans, controls, and manages all projects and project steps, ensuring that project time lines and defined outcomes are successfully achieved.
• Ensures effective change management throughout the entire project process.
• Provides periodic project portfolio updates including milestones and identification of problem/high risk areas (i.e., technical, cost, and schedule).
• Plays a key role in developing new business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
• Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback on performance needs and accomplishments.
• Communicates effectively and works closely with all levels of the organization, especially senior leadership, to understand business priorities, processes, project progress, and time/cost constraints.
• Captures and communicates Lessons Learned from current/past projects.
• Proactively addresses process improvements in response to business and market changes.