Engineering Lab Intern
Bullard Center, Lexington, KY
Bullard is a leading manufacturer of occupational health and safety equipment as well as thermal imaging devices. At Bullard, we are committed to excellence in the eyes of our customers, and we are proud that our products are widely known among users to be the “best in class.” The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is privately held, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter's results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding.
Bullard's headquarters is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky. In addition, Bullard has Sales, Manufacturing, and Product Development offices across the globe, including locations in Switzerland, Germany, and Singapore. Bullard’s primary manufacturing facility is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky, about 50 miles south of the Greater Cincinnati area and 30 miles north of the Greater Lexington area. Bullard offers a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits; including 401(k) with Company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues. For more insight on Bullard, visit our website at www.bullard.com.
· Translate international PPE performance and safety standards into new onsite test capabilities by designing test fixtures, procuring, and building test equipment, and writing formal test procedures.
· Create and execute engineering validation and agency compliance test plans and write technical reports to summarize results.
· Collaborate with technical mentors for guidance as needed for resolving technical problems.
· Present test results to cross-functional teams and assist with failure identification, analysis, and resolution.
· Coordinate new product engineering prototype builds.
· Help maintain the calibration system of lab equipment, perform calibrations, assist with laboratory/equipment maintenance and other day-to-day lab-related activities.
· Follow and help enforce lab safety rules, practices, and requirements at all times.
Requirements and Qualifications
· Must be a full-time student enrolled in a four-year college or university, Major in Engineering or related field.
· Undergraduate students pursuing degrees in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Biosystems Engineering preferred.
· Four engineering courses complete relevant to engineering field.
- Highly motivated with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working efficiently with minimal oversight when provided with well-defined objectives.
- Passion for developing life-saving products for a global work force.
- Familiarity with software such as Matlab, Arduino IDE, LabView, SolidWorks, Altium Designer or similar.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)