Engineering Lab Intern
Bullard Center, Lexington, KY
Bullard, a leading provider of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), has an exciting opportunity for an R&D (Research and Development) Lab Intern in our Research and Development Test Laboratory. This role will support new product development initiatives through test fixture design, testing, test procedure and report writing, prototype builds and many other real-world engineering activities.
· Translate international PPE performance and safety standards into new onsite test capabilities by designing test fixtures, procuring, and building test equipment, and writing formal test procedures.
· Create and execute engineering validation and agency compliance test plans and write technical reports to summarize results.
· Collaborate with technical mentors for guidance as needed for resolving technical problems.
· Present test results to cross-functional teams and assist with failure identification, analysis, and resolution.
· Coordinate new product engineering prototype builds.
· Help maintain the calibration system of lab equipment, perform calibrations, assist with laboratory/equipment maintenance and other day-to-day lab-related activities.
· Follow and help enforce lab safety rules, practices, and requirements at all times.
Requirements and Qualifications
· Must be a full-time student enrolled in a four-year college or university, Major in Engineering or related field.
· Undergraduate students pursuing degrees in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Biosystems Engineering preferred.
· Four engineering courses complete relevant to engineering field.
- Highly motivated with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working efficiently with minimal oversight when provided with well-defined objectives.
- Passion for developing life-saving products for a global work force.
- Familiarity with software such as Matlab, Arduino IDE, LabView, SolidWorks, Altium Designer or similar.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)