Bullard Center, Lexington, KY
E.D. Bullard Company manufactures thermal imaging devices, hard hats, firefighter and rescue helmets, supplied air respirators, powered air-purifying respirators and air quality equipment.
- Orders sample parts, assembles, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies products in development.
- Tests developmental devices or subsystems according to specification and writes technical reports to summarize results.
- Coordinates prototype builds, distribution and maintenance of pre-production build samples to internal stakeholders.
- Maintenance and installation of test equipment and prototyping tools necessary for new product development including regular calibration.
- Enforces company safety policies for R&D lab occupants.
- Maintains organization and overall upkeep of the R&D lab.
- 3+ years of technician experience. Product Technician experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to identify and self-direct on unassigned value-add activities.
- Experience with following test plans, performing tests and validating electromechanical products.
- Experience with prototyping equipment and related tools.
- Experience with handling, soldering and unsoldering electronic components preferred.
- Experience with painting, priming and sanding a plus.
- H.S. diploma or GED required
- Associates degree in a technical field preferred.