Founded in 1898, E.D. Bullard Company is a leading manufacturer and one of the most trusted providers of high-quality personal protective equipment and systems in the world. Our sales team provide a compelling portfolio of market-specific solutions to address the global needs of industrial, manufacturing, oil & gas and healthcare markets, first responders and the military in 77 countries around the world. Bullard is the recognized global leader in mission-critical safety. Product lines include thermal imagers, hard hats, firefighter and rescue helmets, supplied air respirators, powered air-purifying respirators, and air quality equipment. Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary, monthly commission program, company vehicle, selling expenses, and highly competitive benefits including 401(k) with Company match.
The Regional Sales Manager - Industrial Health & Safety will be responsible for increasing sales volumes through existing distribution and selecting and training the best distributors in various customer segments to drive and support Bullard’s business. The territory will include: Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, and South Dakota.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate must provide territory vision and identify areas for expansion to build on the current success at Bullard and drive continued growth. It is critical that this person have the intellectual horsepower and dynamic work ethic that defines the core of Bullard’s Sales Team.
This role will be charged with developing strategic and tactical plans to achieve agreed-upon sales goals. The Regional Sales Manager will have ultimate responsibility for a flexible, yet disciplined and professional team of channel partners focused on revenue growth and a solution selling approach. The position requires that the successful candidate keep his or her finger on the pulse of rapidly evolving markets. At the same time, the Regional Sales Manager is expected to demonstrate collaborative, solutions-oriented leadership by working closely with all disciplines including marketing, engineering, and operations.
- Overall objective is to drive sales of Bullard’s products to end-user customers, through distributors
- Assess, build and develop distributor capability, ready to scale in support of Bullard’s accelerated growth
- Lead distributors to drive and support Bullard’s business within the assigned geography
- Apply both tactical and strategic go to market models aimed at growing the end-user customer base both in the short and long terms to drive higher revenues, customer growth and customer retention
- Develop territory plans and quota assignment for assigned geographic areas
Work with the team to develop and build a pipeline of sales opportunities
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly and annual sales achievement
Ensure that distributors are focused on selling based on value to customer, features, and function
- Represent Bullard at appropriate end-user customer forums and distributor events
- Other duties and/or tasks as assigned
- Sales revenue achievement
- Manages customer satisfaction and ensures distributors are responsive to customer needs, quickly and thoroughly attends to escalations
- Accountable for developing three year, one year and quarterly plans
- Acquisition, retention and development of distributors
Key Performance Indicators:
- Sales achievement to plan
- Deal size
- Sales cycle time, lead to closure
- Sales opportunity pipeline
- Accurate regional forecasting
- Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
- Works Well with Others: Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of company.
- Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions
- Develops Continuously: Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to select and develop distributors to achieve results
- Achieve Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent degree from an accredited four-year College or university, MBA Preferred
- Strong background in Industrial Sales, with at least 5 years’ experience in selling direct to end-users and through channel sales partners (i.e. distributors) in the industrial market.
- Ability to relate to all levels of management and employees with ease and enthusiasm
- Excellent oral/written communications skills are necessary
- Excellent presentation skills for selling and training end-users and channel partners
- Ability to interact with and deliver solutions to an executive audience
- Ability to conduct customer identification, business analysis and research to uncover product purchase motivators
- Ability to position Bullard products correctly (value based selling) and provide customer with a complete technological advancement story that solves specific business problems with a quantifiable result
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bullard is proud to be a Tobacco-free property.