The Retail Marketing Manager is responsible for managing development and execution of strategic marketing plans & promotions to drive sales and profitability for Bullard’s retail market. The role will work across the Head & Face Protection product line as a start with opportunity to grow into other areas. As the expert on both the products within the product line and the retail market served by the product line, the Retail Marketing Manager determines customer needs and product strategy, working closely with retail partners, marketing communications, and operations to successfully launch and manage campaigns, promotions, and advertising to ensure the products support and meet the Company’s financial goals and strategy. This role will work closely with large retail partners, and be optimally based in Atlanta, GA. Bullard is the inventor of the Hard Hat, dating back to 1919, and this will be an exciting role to further drive brand awareness and promotion of the head protection line and its’ accessories.
- Be the key liaison between Bullard and retail accounts
- Serve as Company's product and market expert for retail products and accessories within the Head & Face protection product line.
- Formulate and execute thorough marketing plans and strategies for products to reach retail customers worldwide.
- Create marketing campaigns & promotions to drive end user brand awareness and product adoption
- Conduct VOC for retail market to translate customer needs into product & packaging design requirements. Work closely with the Head & Face protection Product Manager.
- Leverage VOC and customer reviews to conceptualize solutions. Use this information to clearly articulate requirements and build sound business cases to respond to those customer needs.
- Develop and regularly review annual marketing plans with market assessments and competitive analysis, unit and revenue projections, pricing strategies, product roadmap needs, and relevant expenses.
- Prepare and deliver training on product line to retail channel partners and end-user customers, as needed.
- Direct the creation of all necessary promotional and collateral materials to support retail sales (i.e. brochures, user instructions, technical bulletins, webpages, and labels).
- Support disaster relief coordination plans with retail partners and internal teams during significant ramp up periods
- Ensure good Consumer Product Reviews (PRs) & provide reliable products to drive demand:
- Reviews PRs daily and responds and provides follow-up actions within 48 hrs
- Analyze PR data trends, create reports & identifies corrective activities needed to improve product & packaging
- Provide proactive in-store events & training for customers & retail employees
- Develop online training videos and up-to-date online specs to highlight product benefits
- Ensure retail websites are updated with the latest product content
- Help drive demand to products through wallet spend and new customers:
- Leverage distribution partnerships to collaborate on suggestions & actions to support demand
- Create buyer awareness by understanding buying patterns, supporting sponsorships/promos, creating construction ads, and establishing contractor communications list
- Explore bundled product options with distributors to leverage the entire distributor/manufacturer portfolio
- Synchronize Bullard advertising & promotions with retail chain promotions
- Actively create Promotions and drive brand awareness:
- Create seasonal displays & promos in line with retail customer needs and expectations
- Provide logoed hats into new retail channels
- Improve packaging, both inside & out, to communicate effectively while advertising and educating the consumer
- Develop annual promotional calendar & events to support the calendar
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, or equivalent work experience required. Master of Business Administration strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years retail marketing and/or channel management experience required; Home Depot preferred
- Position to be located in Atlanta, GA
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing quantitative as well as qualitative research and analysis using common business application software tools (MS Office with particular strength in Microsoft Excel).
- Self-starter with a passion for enthusiastically advocating for the customers' needs, the products, and the Company.
- Understanding of financial terms, concepts, and analytic techniques.
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed (on average, a few days a month).
- Mechanically inclined with ability to occasionally lift equipment or carry products weighing up to 60 lbs.