The Energy Segment Manager, with the RSM’s will be responsible for energy markets sales activity that drive sales opportunities annually, in the United States, Canada and Latin America. This role will be located in Houston, Texas. The Energy Segment Manager will help Bullard identify areas for expansion to build on the current success at Bullard and drive continued growth in hard hat, face protection, body temperature management and respiratory protection as used in the Energy markets. The Energy Segment Manager will be responsible for driving the company’s achievement of its customer revenue goals and deliver P&L results at large accounts developed over time. He/she will be charged with developing strategic and tactical plans to achieve agreed-upon booking and revenue goals.
The successful candidate will be a significant member of the senior sales staff while shaping, growing, developing, and leading a world-class sales organization. The ideal candidate must identify areas for expansion to build on the current success at Bullard and drive continued growth. It is critical that this person have the intellectual horsepower and dynamic work ethic that defines the core of Bullard and the senior sales staff.
The Energy Segment Manager will be tasked with evaluating/recommending changes on the territory sales structure and building internal processes and metrics to bring detailed visibility to its multi-product and services business.
The Energy Segment Manager will have ultimate responsibility for a flexible, yet disciplined and professional sales organization focused on revenue growth, profitability, and a solution selling approach. The position requires that the successful candidate keep his or her finger on the pulse of rapidly evolving markets.
At the same time, the Energy Segment Manager is expected to demonstrate collaborative, solutions-oriented leadership by working closely with all disciplines including finance, marketing, engineering, operations, and HR.
Within the first ninety days, the successful Energy Segment Manager will be expected to gain a clear understanding of the sales and services organizations’ strengths and weaknesses. The Energy Segment Manager will work to quickly grasp the key near-term initiatives and hiring opportunities and gain a clear perspective of the long-term sales opportunities and internal integration/processes. Play a hands-on role with the field sales organization, maintain a personal presence and high visibility in the field, and directly participate in customer sales cycles at key accounts. Apply the highest-leverage activities to identify opportunities, negotiate contracts, and close major deals.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND OVERALL OBJECTIVES
• Overall objective is to drive sales of Bullard’s products and services to customers in the US, Latin America and Canada
• Assess, build and develop individual and team capability, ready to scale in support of Bullard’s accelerated growth.
• Support a team of Regional Managers to drive and support Bullard’s business within the assigned geography.
• Apply both tactical and strategic go to market models aimed at growing the customer base both in the short and long terms to drive higher revenues, customer growth and customer retention
• Develop territory plans and quota assignment for all geographic areas for their segment
• Work with team to develop and build a pipeline of opportunities
• Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly and annual sales achievement
• Ensure that team is focused on selling based on value to customer, features, and function
• Represent Bullard at appropriate customer meetings and tradeshows
• Sales revenue achievement
• Manages customer satisfaction, is personally and ensures team is responsive to customer needs, quickly and thoroughly attends to escalations
• Accountable for developing three years, one year and quarterly plans
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Sales achievement to plan for segment
- Bookings for segment
• Accurate regional forecasting for segment
• Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
• Works Well with Others: Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of company. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive.
• Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions
• Develops Continuously: Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential.
• Achieve Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and acts to prevent or minimize their impact.
• Applicants must have BA/BS degree from four-year College or university, MBA Preferred
• Candidates will possess a strong background in Sales and Marketing
• Must be able to relate to all levels of management and employees with ease and enthusiasm.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to interact with and deliver solutions to an executive audience
• Customer identification, business analysis and research to uncover product purchase motivators