Founded in 1898, Bullard is a leading manufacturer of high-quality personal protective equipment and systems that are marketed worldwide. Product lines include hard hats, firefighter and rescue helmets, respiratory protection equipment, and thermal imagers. The Company’s products are available throughout the world from a network of distributors operating in most major country markets. In 1919, the son of our founder invented and patented the world’s first commercially sold hard hat. The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work, and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is fifth-generation family-owned, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter’s results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding. Bullard maintains sales offices in Europe and Asia-Pacific in addition to its headquarters in Kentucky. Bullard’s headquarters and manufacturing facility are located in the small community of Cynthiana, near Lexington and Georgetown, Kentucky. We offer a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits including 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Effective skills in Territory Management
- Identify business opportunities, monitor government procurement activity by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Identify key influencers and introduce Bullard’s value proposition and key differentiators that create value for them. Must be able to articulate this in a concise, effective and easily understood manner.
- Execute against the Segment Sales Plan as developed by you and your manager.
- Operate the territory within a prescribed budget
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Generate new opportunities with existing suppliers & existing customers
- Find and capitalize on new opportunities in new channels and new customers
- Create & execute sales initiatives that bring value & measurable revenue to Bullard & partners.
- Develop & present annual Plans for key partners
- Assess the Plans quarterly and adjust as needed
- Develop long term plan for Segment growth
- Negotiate terms with existing distribution partners & end-users to maximize overall margin
- Must be extremely well-versed and able to articulate the Bullard’s Value Proposition
- Identify new end-users & distribution partners & assess viability for partnerships
- Travel to meet them end-users & partners to assess their needs, capabilities & fit with Bullard.
- Gain access to key decision makers & develop/maintain deep relationships with end-user & partner community – continuously reinforcing Bullard’s value proposition
- Understand competitive landscape for the Government Segment, from both the end-user & distributor perspective.
- Fully understand existing contracts available in the Government Segment
- Oversee the proper utilization of the existing contracts, while remaining compliant with GSA and other Government purchasing entities/channels.
- Identify new contracts in this Segment & lead capture efforts for those contracts
- Stay abreast of new products in category while keeping existing product offerings fresh
- Be resident expert on product/category trends
- Research user requirements to focus on solutions that will yield maximum results
- Work with Bullard’s SMEs to maintain a command of product & solution offerings.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and develop team members as applicable
- Provide ongoing feedback & direction
- 30-60% Travel Required
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Commerce or Engineering, etc.
- Top 10% of peers in Sales/Quota Achievement
- Must have 3-5+ years of sales experience with government sales/accounts. Business-to-Government experience
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of the Government Contract Process and have a proven track record of effectively managing a long sales cycle.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, confidence and persistence.
- Strong teamwork and networking skills and an outgoing and persuasive manner and ability to deal with people who hold differing beliefs or values.
- Possess advanced listening and communication skills of a level that enables detection and recognition of customer needs and the ability to convey the features, advantages and benefits of Bullard’s solutions.
- A flexible approach to adapt to constant change.
- Proficient in selling skills (e.g. Strategic Selling; Communication Styles) as well as demonstrate continuous improvement in said skills.
- Exhibit/practice organizational skills sufficient to maintain the Government segment, maintain selling tools, and report progress in the prescribed manner including, CRM / Sales funnel input, territory planning, performance action plans, opportunity management and limited ad hoc reporting as requested by management (collecting, analyzing, & summarizing information).
Bullard is proud to be a Tobacco-free property.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.