Founded in 1898, Bullard is a fifth-generation, family-owned, leading manufacturer of personal protective equipment whose vision is to advance human safety to enable long, healthy, productive lives through innovative solutions. Located in Kentucky’s beautiful “Bluegrass” region, Bullard has manufacturing operations in Cynthiana, Kentucky and offices in Lexington, Kentucky, allowing us to design, manufacture, and market innovative, high-quality personal protective equipment and systems such as fire helmets, thermal imaging cameras, hard hats, and respiratory protection. Bullard offers a competitive salary plus bonus, benefits including tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with match, and great colleagues.
This position will be based in Lexington, Kentucky.
· Team skills
- Collaborate with product management and cross-functional project teams
- Translate product requirements into detailed, testable engineering specifications
- Plan, track and communicate technical work items and project status to management
- Support troubleshooting and root cause analysis of electronic systems issues and develop technical response plans through cross-functional project teams
- Interpret industry standards as they relate to new or sustaining product efforts
· Demonstrated engineering skills
- Develop electronic architectures and embedded firmware based upon product specifications. This includes demonstrated practice in schematic capture, component placement, PCB layout and BOM generation
- Develop detailed design verification and validation test plans
- Act as the key technical interface to technology suppliers for specification, development, costing and validation of required subsystems for new products
- Complete design calculations, risk analysis, Failure Modes Effects Analyses (FMEAs), and design reviews, to verify that a design meets or exceeds product specifications
- Validate and improve electronic designs to meet required safety and FCC compliance requirements
o Desired experience in: imaging, displays, secondary batteries & charging systems, motors (spec. brushless DC), RF communications and/or sensors
· 5+ years of product related, engineering design experience
· Minimum B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering
· Demonstrated experience in product related electronics design, validation and troubleshooting
· Proficient in Altium Designer (or similar PCB design tool)
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills (including team presentations and technical reports)
Job Type: Full-time
Bullard is proud to be a Tobacco-free property.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.