Founded in 1898, Bullard is a fifth-generation, family-owned, leading manufacturer of personal protective equipment whose vision is to advance human safety to enable long, healthy, productive lives through innovative solutions. Located in Kentucky’s beautiful “Bluegrass” region, Bullard has manufacturing operations in Cynthiana, Kentucky and offices in Lexington, Kentucky, allowing us to design, manufacture, and market innovative, high-quality personal protective equipment and systems such as fire helmets, thermal imaging cameras, hard hats, and respiratory protection. Bullard offers a competitive salary plus bonus, benefits including tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with match, and great colleagues.
Reporting to the Director of Product Development, this position will be based in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Collaborates with product management and other cross-functional project team members to define electrical system requirements for new products.
- Translates requirements into detailed, testable product specifications.
- Architects electronics systems and related embedded firmware based upon product specifications.
- Develops detailed design verification and validation test plans and procedures derived from product specifications.
- Electronics design including schematic entry, component placement, PCB layout and BOM generation.
- Liaise with technology suppliers on specification, development, costing and validation of subsystems required for integration into new product designs.
- Troubleshoot electromechanical or embedded firmware issues and drive engineering resolution through cross-functional project teams.
- Interpret industry standards as they relate to new product development or continuous product improvement efforts.
- Complete risk analyses, design calculations, Failure Modes Effects Analyses (FMEAs), and design reviews, to verify that a design meets or exceeds product specifications.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of related design engineering experience
- Demonstrated expertise in electronics design and troubleshooting
- Experience with embedded firmware development and troubleshooting
- Proficient in Altium Designer or similar board design software for (PCBA) design, including schematic capture, layout, Bill of Material (BOM) management, and coordination of PCBA procurement through contract manufacturers
- Experience with development and maintenance of electronic devices with imaging, TFT LCD display, secondary battery, wireless chargers, brushless DC blowers or multi-sensor subsystems a plus
- Proficient in the use of version control systems
- Demonstrated ability to define, implement, and test technical requirements for electronic designs
- Experience in collaborative designing with Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Software Engineering, and Electrical Engineering
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills (including team presentations and technical reports)
- Other duties as assigned
Bullard is proud to be a Tobacco-free property.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.