Bullard is a leading manufacturer of occupational health and safety equipment as well as thermal imaging devices. At Bullard, we are committed to excellence in the eyes of our customers, and we are proud that our products are widely known among users to be the “best in class.” The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is privately held, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter's results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding.
Bullard's headquarters is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky. In addition, Bullard has Sales, Manufacturing, and Product Development offices across the globe, including locations in Switzerland, Germany, and Singapore. Bullard’s primary manufacturing facility is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky, about 50 miles south of the Greater Cincinnati area and 30 miles north of the Greater Lexington area. Bullard offers a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits; including 401(k) with Company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues. For more insight on Bullard, visit our website at www.bullard.com.
Bullard is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work on its Product Development team based out of our Bullard Center in Lexington, KY. First and foremost, the successful candidate will exhibit the desire and ability to serve as the technical lead on complex product development initiatives. The following bullets detail the job functions and individual requirements for the position.
- Lead and implement the mechanical requirements, design, development, and validation of new life-saving electromechanical products.
- Establish product specifications including design objectives, product features, cost targets, and deadlines based upon project requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure product definition is clear, complete, achievable, and is consistent with market and product research data. Participation in qualitative research activities with end users is expected.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional project team with contributors from product management, product development, sales, manufacturing, and operations services to develop and validate new products that meet product specifications.
- Develop testing and evaluation protocols and design experiments as well as oversee the evaluation of related product systems and components.
- Analyze test and product evaluation data and present the results.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Development of New Electromechanical Products
- Finite Element Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Engineering drawings and geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T)
- Other duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in New Product Development
- 5 - 10 years of experience in Mechanical Design Engineering related experience
- Demonstrated experience with Solidworks
- Experience in testing and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Experience with Designing for Manufacturability and Assembly
- Experience in designing for reliability/durability and validating through testing
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- Excellent communicator with the ability to present complex concepts and results throughout the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Self-starter with a passion for problem-solving and enthusiastic advocacy for the customers’ needs, the products, and the Company
- Development of new mechanical product required
- Experience with Electromechanical Products Preferred