JOB DESCRIPTON – Strategic Sourcing Buyer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands the global supply chain for the assigned commodities, anticipates trends, and applies that knowledge to the strategic vision.
- Advise management of market conditions and supplier base activity, which could affect pricing, and or future availability.
- Participate on cross functional teams within the existing and new product planning process to assure timely acquisition of materials to support new product launches.
- Ensure Engineering and Marketing design changes are properly communicated to the supplier and all appropriate departments within the company.
- Work with the existing supply chain to develop capacity plans understand risk management and determine when additional sources of supply are needed.
- Ensures compliance with all regulations including but not limited to Prop 65, Conflict Minerals and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Develop supplier relationships while continuing to support the KPI’s of cost savings, cost containment, supplier quality and inventory management.
- Establishes and maintains open communication channels across all departments of the E D Bullard Company, domestic and international.
- Assists and supports all departments within the E D Bullard Company with the purchasing process and procedures including the RFP, RFQ, and the supplier onboarding process.
- Comply with all applicable laws/polices governing the buyer/seller relationship and conduct business in an ethical way to represent the E D Bullard Company in the best possible manner.
- High School Diploma and 10 years experience minimum requirement
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Basic knowledge of ERP systems
- Excellent negotiation and organization skills
- Travel required up to 10%