Bullard is a leading manufacturer of occupational health and safety equipment as well as thermal imaging devices. At Bullard, we are committed to excellence in the eyes of our customers, and we are proud that our products are widely known among users to be the “best in class.” The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is privately held, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter's results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding.
Bullard's headquarters is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky. In addition, Bullard has Sales, Manufacturing, and Product Development offices across the globe, including locations in Switzerland, Germany, and Singapore. Bullard’s primary manufacturing facility is located in Cynthiana, Kentucky, about 50 miles south of the Greater Cincinnati area and 30 miles north of the Greater Lexington area. Bullard offers a competitive salary plus profit sharing, benefits; including 401(k) with Company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues. For more insight on Bullard, visit our website at www.bullard.com.
Strategic Sourcing Buyer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands the global supply chain for the assigned commodities, anticipates trends, and applies that knowledge to the strategic vision.
- Advise management of market conditions and supplier base activity, which could affect pricing, and or future availability.
- Participate on cross functional teams within the existing and new product planning process to assure timely acquisition of materials to support new product launches.
- Ensure Engineering and Marketing design changes are properly communicated to the supplier and all appropriate departments within the company.
- Work with the existing supply chain to develop capacity plans understand risk management and determine when additional sources of supply are needed.
- Ensures compliance with all regulations including but not limited to Prop 65, Conflict Minerals and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Develop supplier relationships while continuing to support the KPI’s of cost savings, cost containment, supplier quality and inventory management.
- Establishes and maintains open communication channels across all departments of the E D Bullard Company, domestic and international.
- Assists and supports all departments within the E D Bullard Company with the purchasing process and procedures including the RFP, RFQ, and the supplier onboarding process.
- Comply with all applicable laws/polices governing the buyer/seller relationship and conduct business in an ethical way to represent the E D Bullard Company in the best possible manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Basic knowledge of ERP systems
- Excellent negotiation and organization skills
- Travel required up to 10%