Founded in 1898, Bullard is a leading manufacturer of high-quality personal protective equipment and systems that are marketed worldwide. Product lines include hard hats, firefighter and rescue helmets, respiratory protection equipment, and thermal imagers. In 1919, the son of our founder invented and patented the world’s first commercially sold hard hat. The quality of our work helps determine whether a worker in a hazardous work environment goes home safely to his or her family each day. We do important work and we do it in a team-oriented environment. Bullard is privately held, so we have the luxury of thinking and planning beyond the next quarter’s results. One of our competitive advantages is speed, and the pace of our work is therefore fast, challenging, and rewarding. Bullard’s headquarters and manufacturing facility are in Cynthiana, Kentucky, a small community near Lexington and Georgetown. We offer a rewarding compensation package, benefits including 401(k) with match, Tuition Reimbursement, and great colleagues.
Bullard’s Supply Chain Manager is responsible for coordinating the global logistics of all aspects of the supply chain including strategy, sourcing of materials, supplier performance, receiving, warehousing, shipping, export compliance, inventory turns, implementing lean principles and efficiencies.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Business, Logistics and/or other relevant degree. Master of Business is a plus.
- Institute of Supply Management (ISM) / American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certifications a plus specifically CSCP and CPIM.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Materials and/or Logistics.
- Strong leadership experience with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- In-depth understanding of sourcing materials, managing inventory and global logistics.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and production planning.
- Knowledge of Epicor system is a plus.
- Individual must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, self-motivated, passionate and work respectfully with others.
- Management style appropriate for the situation – Directing, Coaching, Supporting or Delegating.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, business opportunities or cost reduction strategies.
- Negotiate and manage purchase agreements with all suppliers, goods, transportation or services.
- Responsible for coaching, training, and mentoring five direct reports and additional indirect reports.
- Negotiate prices and responsible for purchase price variances.
- Evaluate options for dual sourcing.
- Provide suppliers with annual and/or monthly materials forecast plans.
- Monitor and manage supplier performance.
- Manage material conversions and strong adherence to product certifications.
- Develop standard costs list.
- Manage and analyze inventory for maximum inventory turns.
- Utilize Lean principles for continuous improvements in supply chain and logistics.
- Comply with all environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bullard is proud to be a Tobacco-free property.
Bullard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.