The Sustaining Engineering Program Manager provides leadership to core sustaining engineering and cross-functional project teams that deliver on continuous improvements and enhancements to all Bullard product lines.
- Leads execution from concept through start of production on concurrent sustaining engineering projects including cost reductions, quality improvements, manufacturing improvements, product enhancements and supply chain changes.
- Provides supervision over a sustaining engineering team consisting primarily of engineers and technicians.
- Plans, organizes, and controls the scheduled completion of sustaining projects without compromising product quality, and ensuring that projects are within scope and budget.
- Communicates effectively and works closely with all levels of the organization, especially senior leadership, to understand business priorities, processes, project progress, and time/cost constraints.
- Plans, controls, and manages all projects and project steps, ensuring that project time lines and defined outcomes are successfully achieved.
- Proactively addresses process improvements in response to business and market changes.
- Ensures effective change management throughout the development process.
- Provides support to the cross functional project teams by coordinating project management reviews and preparing/publishing project management metrics and reports.
- Establishes and maintains metrics for projects including value, quality, technical performance, and delivery through all program stage gate phases.
- Provides periodic project portfolio updates including milestones and identification of problem/high risk areas (i.e., technical, cost, and schedule).
- Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback on performance needs and accomplishments.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred).
- Proven leadership skills with capability to lead change in an integrated team environment across multiple sites and with customers globally.
- Experience managing a team of engineers or technicians preferred.
- Proficient in program and project management methodologies, processes and related tools
- Proven experience in project initiation, project planning, execution and tracking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to senior management.
- Highly experienced in product development programs and related processes.
- Strong understanding of product manufacturing and related processes.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen desired.
- 3+ years of experience in managing projects.