Serves customers, sales field and customer service by identifying their technical needs and technical adaptations of products and services. Bullard technical sales specialists need strong interpersonal skills because they build long-term relationships with customers and communicate verbally and in writing with other sales team members and technical workers. They must be persuasive in their presentations and persistent in pursuing leads. Excellent technology skills help Bullard Technical Sales Support Specialists understand the complexities of Bullard’s offerings and keeps the company and customers up-to-date on the latest advances in our industries. Specialists also rely on problem-solving acumen to analyze customer issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
Technical Sales Support Specialist Job Duties:
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Identifies current and future customer technical requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand technical requirements.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating technical applications and operations improvements.
- Develops customer's staff by providing technical information and training.
- Prepares Technical Sales Support reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to Technical Sales Support effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Meet with customers and technical staff to discover what they need.
- Prepare and deliver presentations that propose solutions offered by Bullard.
- Periodically check up on customers to see how current installations are working and to offer additional services and products.
- Involved in market research, so they can recommend modifications to existing products and services or recommend new ones.
- Develop and implement product-training programs for Bullard employees and customers.
Technical Sales Support Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
- BS degree in Marketing, Technology, Engineering or equivalent degree from an accredited four-year College or university
- Strong background in Sales, with at least 5 years’ experience in providing technical support or selling direct to end-users and through channel sales partners (i.e. distributors) in the industrial market.
- Ability to relate to all levels of management and employees with ease and enthusiasm
- Excellent oral/written communications skills are necessary
- Excellent presentation skills for selling and training end-users and channel partners
- Ability to interact with and deliver solutions to an executive audience
- Ability to position Bullard products correctly (value based selling) and provide customer with a complete technological advancement story that solves specific business problems with a quantifiable result