Responding to COVID-19
MARCH 16, 2020 – The health and safety of our employees, channel partners, and customers are of the utmost importance to us. We are vigilantly monitoring the news about COVID-19 and staying on top of the latest recommendations from the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as our government, state, and local health departments. We are monitoring this rapidly changing situation and want to share with you the measures Bullard is taking to proactively respond to the challenges of COVID-19:
- Formed a COVID-19 Response Team to closely monitor the impact of the coronavirus and communicate to our employees the latest prevention measures recommended by the CDC and WHO
- Restricted business travel for Bullard employees
- Holding virtual employee meetings to provide COVID-19 prevention and guidance updates and posted COVID-19 prevention facts from the CDC and WHO in Bullard’s facilities
- Removed barriers for employees as it relates to attendance and pay
- Recommending employees and employees with family members who feel ill to stay home
- Provided employees with hand sanitizers, hand soaps, disinfectants, and paper towels in all restrooms and throughout our facilities
- Formalized a thorough cleaning/sanitizing plan to ensure our facilities are cleaned multiple times a day
- Worked through contingency/continuity plans to focus on business delivery
- Encouraging social distancing to help control the spread of the coronavirus
- Canceled large group gatherings and meetings
In addition, Bullard is committed to ensuring supply of critical products. We are continuing to ramp up production as quickly as possible to meet global demand. We are experiencing much higher than normal demand for our respiratory protection products and we will continue to work through these challenges as effectively as possible. As the situation continues, we will communicate with individual customers regarding any potential disruptions.
Bullard’s promise to our employees, channel partners, and customers is to stay vigilant in our efforts to monitor this rapidly evolving pandemic while continuing to support the health and safety of our healthcare professionals and emergency responders. We know our products are critical to protecting workers who are helping to care for those who have fallen ill with COVID-19 and we will continue to balance our employees’ safety with the need to provide personal protective equipment to our customers.
These are uncharted waters for all of us, and our Bullard family of employees and extended family of channel partners and customers will together meet the challenges ahead of us. For the most updated information about COVID-19, visit our dedicated healthcare preparedness website: https://www.bullard.com/healthcare.