10 Most Cited OSHA Violations of 2022
OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Standards) publishes the top list of 10 most frequently cited violations across all industries so that employers can identify and prevent workplace hazards.
The Top 10
- Fall protection (general): 5,260 violations
- Hazard communication: 2,424 violations
- Respiratory protection: 2,185 violations [OSHA Respiratory Standards]
- Ladders: 2,143 violations
- Scaffolding: 2,058 violations
- Lockout/tagout: 1,977 violations
- Powered industrial trucks: 1,749 violations
- Fall protection (training): 1,556 violations
- Personal protective equipment: 1,401 violations [OSHA Head Protection Standards]
- Machine guarding: 1,370 violations
Creating a safe workplace is arguably an employer’s most important job. A safe place to work means employees have little to no risk of developing an injury or illness while on the job. Federal OSHA is a small agency with approximately 1,850 inspectors responsible for the health and safety of nearly 130 million workers, translating to about one compliance officer for every 7,000 workers.
For more information on what Bullard products can help keep you and others safe, visit our website.